1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Just One Day by Gayle Foreman
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
Tie between The Scorpio Races and The Raven Boys. My friend Melissa kept pushing them on me and I REALLY had no interest in them at all. I got The Raven Boys when it was on sale in the kindle store and even THEN it sat on my TBR shelf for a VERY long time. It was only when I got an ARC of The Dream Thieves that I decided to finally read it and then… well, if you know me, you know how THAT went. So I finally decided to try The Scorpio Races and THAT was amazing as well.
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
The Raven Boys
5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. I know it’s not finished yet, but I read the first two and they’re the start so it counts.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
Maggie Stiefavter and Jessi Kirby. It’s a tie between the two of them! I love their books SO much!
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Before I read this book I was NOT a fan of contemporary. I’d read Sarah Dessen books, but those were IT. So reading this was very different for me.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
Tie between Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne and Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Raven Boys… I’m actually already re-reading it and 2013 isn’t even over yet!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
11. Most memorable character in 2013?
Maggie from AKA & Going Rouge by Robin Benway! Omg she is my FAVORITE!!!!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
Golden by Jessi Kirby
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
Tie between The Raven Boys and Golden. I feel like Golden had an impact on me in a very emotional way, but The Raven Boys somehow became my NUMBER ONE BOOK OF EVER.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?
The entire Newsflesh trilogy by Mira Grant. Well… maybe I can believe that I waited so long because… zombies.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?
She asked, “Is this thing safe?” “Safe as Life,” Gansey replied. Blue & Gansey from The Raven Boys
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest – An Autumn Dream by Melissa Giorgio
Longest – Feed by Mira Grant
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
I actually can’t think of anything right now, but I’m sure there was TONS of stuff that I ranted and raved about to Sam!
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Roar and Perry in the Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Tie between The Coldest Girl in Cold Town by Holly Black and Mind Games by Kirsten White
20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
The Raven Boys
21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?
Contemporary. I went through a HUGE contemporary kick over the spring and summer and I LOVED it. So glad I got super into that genre!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Ganseyyyyyyyyyy (from The Raven Boys)
23. Best 2013 debut you read?
Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy MicGinnis
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
Coda by Emma Trevayne
25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
AKA by Robin Benway
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. I SOBBED through the end of this.
27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?
Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas! OMG this book is insane and I felt like NOBODY was talking about it. There should have been a collective OMG heard around the world the night it came out because everybody should have read it and been all OMFG at the ending!!!
Annnnnd in NO particular order, my
TOP TEN FAVS OF 2013
What are your tops 10 books read in 2013? Leave your list in the comments!