Stack of Five is hosted by Misty @ The Book Rat. I am calling in for help for Stack of Five because I’ve acquired so many wonderful new books over the holidays and I need help from you guys to pick which one I should read and review here on the blog. Here are your choices for the month! The theme is “Recently Acquired” because I got a lot of books in the last few months or so.
Rise (from Persona 4) is modelling your choices on what I should read. They are:
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas – This book is a YA thriller that was given to me by my wonderful co-blogger, River, who said she read it in a day because it was that damn good. I also trust River’s recommendations so I am stocked to give this a go.
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson – This book was given to me by my spouse! We are both big Sanderson fans, and it’s the only one of his books I own that I still have not read yet. Also its dystopian, which is always a plus in my book.
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black – I purchased this one while I was out with Kiki one night. I am a HUGE Holly Black nut and I’ve read just about all her books excluding the Spiderwick Chronicles (so many of those). Why I haven’t read this book, I’m not sure.
- The Waking Dark by Robin Wasserman – I have zero experience with Wasserman’s work and this was given to me by the amazing Melissa Giorgio (signed no less, what a surprise!). I remember River and Amy saying how much they enjoyed it and apparently it’s creepy. I like creepy. 🙂
- Counting By 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan – This book has come highly recommended by so many people so I snatched it up when I had the chance with some of my Nonna money. I am always looking for engaging Middle Grade reads, and this one seems very sweet and touching. Will it have a case of the feels? I’ve heard it has many feels involved.
And there you have it! Check the links, see what the books are about and then vote. Whatever wins I’m going to fit it into my reading schedule and have a review up here on the blog for your enjoyment. I still owe you all my top books of 2013, but things have been a touch hectic on my end, so that hasn’t happened yet. Hopefully it will arrive soon! Let me know what you think of my choices in the comments and what your thoughts are.