ARC August Challenge!
This Challenge is Hosted by Octavia over at Read. Sleep. Repeat (Sign Up Post Linked!)
Here are the ten ARCs I am going to attempt to complete this month.
The Rise of Aurora West by Paul Pope (Release Date: September 30th)
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson (Release Date: September 16th)
- Sparkers by Eleanor Glewwe (Release Date: September 30th)
- Spirit’s Key by Edith Cohn (Release Date: September 9th)
- The Evidence of Things Not Seen by Lindsey Lane (Release Date: September 16th)
Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang (Release Date: September 9th)
- The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry (Release Date: September 23rd)
- Firebug by Lish McBride (Release Date: September 23rd)
100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith (Release Date: September 2nd)
- Feral by Holly Schindler (Release Date: August 26th)
So I did pretty good this first week and completed three ARCs, all with reviews coming soon on the blog. I think my pace is going good and steady, but we’ll see how things go and if I will be able to keep it up.
#shitihavetoomanybooks Read-a-thon Wrap Up
So Regan @ Peruse Project came up with the idea of doing a casual read-a-thon to whittle down massive TBRs. You’ve all seen my Shelf of Shame so I probably need many read-a-thons in order to take my TBR down, so let’s face it: I’m screwed for awhile since I have a book buying problem. I’m considering jumping back on my book buying ban again (I’ve still been really good these last few months not buying books but still…).
In any case, I think I made really good progress as the event ran from August 1st until August 8th at midnight. I managed to read ten books for it! I’m kinda lazy and don’t have a picture to share, but here’s a list:
- Saga Volumes 1-3 by Brian K. Vaughan
- 100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith
- The Art of Getting Stared At by Laura Langston
- Sex Criminals Volume 1 by Matt Fraction
- Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
- Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
- The Rise of Aurora West by Paul Pope
- Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula by Andi Watson
Yes, I realize I read a lot of graphic novels and I’m sure you’ll all remind me I’m a cheater but I love graphic novels and I had a few on my review plate so I figured I’d knock them out. I loved all these books and a few of them you’ll see reviews for soonish.
… I’m still trying to get used to the fact that I am going to be a married woman in week. Well see how my reading progress goes for the next little while!