If you can’t tell from this picture, my reading mojo came back full force. It’s been over a month since my mother passed away and reading fell a bit on the wayside. As I was telling Molly, I just haven’t had the motivation for awhile to read, and now all of a sudden I just started flying through books again. I loved the majority of the books that I read above and I’m hoping June is equally a stronger month.
For June I want to do something different. My husband and I are planning to move in the fall and obviously my TBR shelf of shame is too huge to take with me. My goal between now and the fall is to read my own books and see how many of them I can knock out. This is where for the next few months I going to get you all to help me out. I asked on Twitter for people to come up with challenges for me.
Here’s June’s challenges:
- Read an Adult Fantasy novel
- A one-word title.
- A book that is has purple on the cover.
- A must-read Molly recommendation! (Night We Said Yes)
- An LGBTQIA+ read
- Read This Savage Song by V.E Schwab (because I’ve had it for awhile)
- Something by a Canadian author.
- A book with a dog in it or as the main character.
- Something sci-fi.
- Read something that has blue on the cover.
At the end of the month I will let you all know if I accomplished these challenges, as well as share all the physical books I read. I am hoping to share an updated picture of the Shelf of Shame to give you a sense of how much has been read. We’ll see how this goes, and hopefully by September my TBR will look more manageable.
Hahaha… manageable. Who am I kidding? 🙂