Every year Octavia & Shelly @ Read. Sleep. Repeat host one of my favourite month long events over at their blog: #ARCAugust. The event encourages participants to read and review their pile of ARCs that perhaps may have gotten a touch out of control. They host Twitter chats, and there’s even prizes along the way. I *love* this event and it’s great motivation to work through the pile of ARCs I’ve accumulate, on top of the fact that it’s such a wonderful and communal event.
This #ARCAugust my goal is to complete ten ARCs, and then if I manage that simply keep going. Most of the books I will be tackling will be coming out later in the year, though there will be a few I just missed during the course of the year as well. Here’s the ten I plain to tackle:
- Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore (Release Date: October 3rd)
- Thornhill by Pam Smy (Release Date: August 29th)
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu (Release Date: September 19th)
- Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills (Release Date: December 26th)
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin (Release Date: September 26th)
- These Things I’ve Done by Rebecca Phillips (Release Date: August 1st)
- Lost Boys by Darcey Rosenblatt (Release Date: August 22nd)
- That Inevitable Victoria Thing by E.K Johnston (Release Date: October 3rd)
- Berserker by Emmy Laybourne (Release Date: October 10th)
- Top Ten by Katie Cotugno (Release Date: October 3rd)
This means I need to review 3 August titles, 2 September titles, 4 October titles, and 1 December title. I am actually really excited to read all of these books, and honestly it means I don’t have as many Fall/Winter titles to tackle come those quarters. We’ll see how I do, however! I’ll be doing weekly updates showcasing my progress as well.
Seriously though, if you have a ton of ARCs you need to get though, definitely consider participating in #ARCAugust!