The return of ARC August hosted by @ Read. Sleep. Repeat. is back and I am definitely participating again. I found ARC August to be such a productive reading event, as it forced me to power-through a lot of ARCs that were coming due. And let’s be real: River and I do a lot of reviewing — we love it and we get quite a bit of books to read and review. Sometimes, however, we just want to read our own books. My goal for ARC August is try to read another ten ARCs, which is what I successfully managed. I think it’s do-able, especially because I have a lot of September and October books piling up in my cue, so I need to get on this. Here’s the ten ARCs I’d like to tackle during the month:
- Violent Ends edited by Shaun David Hutchinson (September 1st)
- Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate (September 22nd)
- The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands (September 1st)
- All Fall Down, by Ally Carter (Already Out)
- Switch by Ingrid Law (September 1st)
- Your Voice Is All I Hear by Leah Scheier (September 1st)
- What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler (September 22nd)
- Another Day (Every Day #2) by David Levithan (August 25th)
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray (August 25th)
- Stand-Off by Andrew Smith (September 8th)
- A Sense if Infinite by Hillary T. Smith (Already Out)
I realize this is more than ten. My goal is to read at least ten of these, but this is what is coming due soon in my Netgalley and physical ARC queues. Are there ones mentioned above that I must OMGRERADNAO?
I’ll be providing a weekly update on Fridays for the month of August. The updates will simply highlight what I read, what my goal for the week was and if I was successful. I’m not sure if River is going to be joining me in this, but if she is, the more the merrier!
Second, I’ll be participating in my second Book-Tube-A-Thon. I will not be tubing, because I don’t like my face in a camera, but I love this read-a-thon and its challenges. For those curious, it runs from August 3rd until the 9th. There’s seven challenges total, and these are the books I am planning to read for each challenge,
1. Read a book with blue on the cover — The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name — Jump (a.k.a Twinmaker) by Sean Williams
3. Read someone else’s favourite book — The Girl Who Played Go by Shan Sa (which is a book Kiki lent to me that she really loved).
4. Read the last book you acquired — One Came Home by Amy Timberlake
5. Finish a book without letting go of it – From the Notebooks of Melanin Sun by Jacqueline Woodson
6. Read a book you really want to read — Violent Ends edited by Shaun David Hutchinson
7. Read seven books — Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate
Do I think I can read all thsee books during the event? Well, I’m going to try. Thankfully I have a long commute on a train when I go to work, so I get a lot of reading done. If you’re curious about information for the event, check out the Official YouTube Channel. I’ll also be Tweeting which challenges I complete throughout the week, so watch out for that as well.
Are you participating in Book-tube-a-Thon or ARC August? Let me know in the comments, so I can cheer you on and check out your progress! 🙂