Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List (could be blogging related, book related etc. — meeting authors, reading x many books per year, finishing a daunting book, etc.)
1. Read all of the books that I own! I have a HUGE problem with buying books and then I get a huge stack and… it’s never ending.
2. Meet Maggie Stiefvater. I just want to meet her and have her sign my Raven Boys books and thank her for Ganseyyyyy.
3. Buy my favorite ARCs. I feel bad that I almost never buy finished copies of ARCs that I love. I mean, I HAVE, but not many. I always want to though, but then I tell myself to buy something that I haven’t read so… hopefully someday I can flesh out this collection a bit.
4. Re-read The Raven Boys at least once a year. So far I am totally winning this.
5. Go to BEA. Now that I’m going back to the USA this seems like something I could totally do!
1. I am going on a book ban starting April and ending the 1st of June (post to come on that), so I am going to be updating bi-weekly on the progress of that. April is when all my exams are happening, May I have visitors the whole month, and I challenged myself to read 15 of my own books (excluding ARCs). I think I might fail. The bucket list item is really I just want to see (and record) how long I can go without buying a book. 🙂
2. Meet Marissa Meyer. She’s come to Toronto twice and both times she has come I have been unable to make it out to one of her signings and it makes me horribly sad.
3. Clear out at least 5 chubby books (over 500+ pages) because damn, I have quite a few on my shelf like Eon, The Count of Monte Cristo, nearly all my adult fantasy novels… yeah, chubby books are hard.
4. Clear out at least five non-ARC books off my Kindle. I have so many not ARCs on my Kindle that keep getting pushed back and it breaks my heart. I just got Gail Carriger’s “Crudrat” on my Kindle (from kickstarting the audio book) and I LOVE her books, but ARCs keep taking priority and it makes me unhappy some days. 😦
5. Run some giveaways on the blog. I am working on the first one still and it’s more of that I haven’t had the time to sit down and put the post and contents together thanks to a different kind of bookish giveaway I will be doing over at RPGamer in the upcoming weeks. I think we may definitely do Contemporary Summer Fling again with a giveaway. That was such a fun experience. ❤